
So what you're looking at is about 8 oz of breast milk- pumped from ONE breast this morning, in about 10 minutes! My boobs felt like giant rocks this morning- and I was about a cup and a half bigger than I usually am while I'm nursing. OH THE PAIN!
And Here's why: Dylan has been sick. Although he is starting to act like he's feeling better again (playing with toys, "talking", rolling, looking around, smiling), his little body is still trying to pass the yuckies that got him sick. This virus has totally drained him. I was feeding him through a dropper for two days, and then once he quit throwing up everything, I tried to go back to nursing him regularly again. Boy, has that been a challenge! He has no real interest in eating because of how sore his tummy has been and probably still is. So each nursing session since yesterday morning has been a struggle (and absolute torture for my nipples)... this morning I ended up in tears because he was just rooting around, gumming down-- he was acting completely clueless about what the boob was for! I feel helpless right now. I had no idea the affect of a young baby not nursing for 2 days would have! But I am determined to get through this!
I really hope that by the end of this weekend, he will totally be over this virus. It's been so hard on his little body. And I hope breastfeeding will return back to what is has been for both him & I.













holy mommy juice! that is alot, Man i cant even imagine the pain you are in. I am sorry, i hope lil man gets back to nursing normally.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of boobie juice. I hope he feels better and starts nursing soon.
ReplyDeleteWow that is an amazing amount of milk! Hope he is better asap and back to nursing.
ReplyDeleteOuch! I can just imagine. I hope he starts nursing better for you :(
ReplyDeleteSounds like it has been rough on both of you!! Hopefully you will be through it soon! And it looks like he's going to have quite the large snack waiting for him when he's better!
ReplyDeletewow!! That's good to know your supply stills stays pretty good! Wow. Hope you all continue to feel better.
ReplyDelete