Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 58: In the nick of time!


Yesterday was a long day, to say the very least! We spent all afternoon and the majority of our evening at a car dealership... Dylan and I slept in until about 9 30, and then once we were awake and had eaten, Logan & I decided to go look for mini vans. We had been talking for a long time about trading in our SUV, but we decided in just a few moments to actually go look around! So we got everyone ready and out the door around 11 30. The car dealership was about 40 minutes away... after getting there, we waited for our car to be appraised and were very happy with their offer! So we checked out the lot, we called our bank about financing options, and the kids played in their child care room. We picked out a van that we both liked, got everything cleared with the bank we wanted to use, and then got ready to sign... buuuutttttttt, I somehow forgot that duh-- we needed the title of our Explorer to sell it to the dealership! So- we made the almost 2 hour round trip back to the dealership with the title in hand. We did eat dinner at home and the kids got to relax for a bit! We got back to the dealership later in the evening, and signed the papers and drove home our new van!!!! It was 10 pm by the time we got home, so Gavin & Kaelyn went straight to bed. Logan, Dylan, & I hung out downstairs for a little while; Dylan goes to bed with us around 11 and sleeps until noon most days! Well around 11 30 I remembered that I needed to take a picture for today- and Logan poked fun by saying "who's going to know?" Yeah, yeah... well I would know! haaha! So I took a picture of Dylan hanging out on the couch with me!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't cheated yet, but I've thought about the fact that no one would really know if we did. Congrats on the new van.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!!!! I know you guys have wanted to get a different vehicle for a long time! What did you get and how many does it seat???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't "cheated" yet either. I'm really shocked I've made it this far LOL Yay for a van!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! I love new cars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new vehicles :) Yay for you guys!! How do G & K like it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy- they love the "new blue van". Gavin is always asking to look out the window so he can see it!!! haha

    ReplyDelete